Purple Sea Moss (Raw)
Purple Sea Moss (Raw)
Raw Purple Sea Moss
Origin: Saint Lucia
Our wildcrafted and organic Raw Purple Sea Moss is harvested from the Caribbean waters surrounding St. Lucia. Purple Sea Moss is more rare than gold sea moss and offers the same benefits plus added antioxidants and that awesome purple color. Our Raw Purple Sea Moss is sun dried, and will expand greatly (4x or more) when you allow it to soak in water for 4 or more hours. One of our 4 oz packages of Raw Purple Sea Moss should produce 3 or more 16 oz batches of sea moss gel.
Raw Irish Sea Moss is used to create a gel that is then used in drinks, soups, in cooking as a thickener, and topically for skincare.
Quick overview of how to process Purple Sea Moss:
- Clean the Sea Moss thoroughly removing any sand, debris or foreign particles present. Clean at least three times.
- Soak in Spring water for 4 hours or more and then strain the sea moss
- Blend the Sea Moss immediately by adding water up to 2/3 of the sea moss in the blender, and blend on high until the gel is smooth.
- Store the gel in an airtight container in the refrigerator. The Sea Moss Gel should thicken as it cools in the refrigerator.
The resulting gel should be kept refrigerated and should last 2-3 weeks. Sea Moss gel can also be frozen for longer storage. Also, keep in mind that if your resulting product doesn't form a perfect gel, all the nutrients are still there and it is still consumable.
Sea Moss has many possible benefits including:
- Immunity Boost
- Improve skin & joint health
- Lower Cholesterol
- Reduce Mucus
- Cleanse & detox
- Digestive Aid & more
Sea Moss contains 92 of the 102 minerals found in the body. It is a good source of dietary fiber, Vitamin K, Calcium & Copper & more.
How to use Purple Sea Moss Gel:
Add 1 tablespoon to a smoothie or other drink and blend until combined. You can also add Sea Moss Gel to hot tea or soups.
Notice: This information is for educational purposes only and has not been evaluated by the FDA. It is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Always consult with a qualified healthcare practitioner before using any herbal products, particularly if you are pregnant, nursing, or on any medications.